Monday, May 7, 2012

McMaster 2012 Graduates - Part 3 (Finale)

Ryan Tice


Editors Comments: Ryan is graduating but thankfully will be back next year for his Masters. He's got the eligibility to compete for both years of his Masters so we're excited to see if he will keep up his staggering current progression.
Sport
XC/Track
What are you graduating from?     
Chemical and Bioengineering
What doing next year?     
I'm coming back for grad school!
Running plans next year
Mac team
Favourite part of Mac experience
Travelling with the team to CHI & ND. Having those workouts where everything seems to click.
Most memorable race
2011 CIS Champs. To be in the race for the first time and score for the team was just unreal!
Words of wisdom for rookie's or recruits? 
Commit to the program for all 12 months of the year. Do all the little things like putting the time in on recovery days and listening to your body. Most of all, take the time to enjoy the experience, it's a once in a life time experience and it goes by way too quickly.
How being a part of McMaster XC/Track has enhanced your university experience?
Joining the Mac team at the start of my third year was the best decision of my university career! I didn't join earlier because I had been worried about managing my engineering course load and being on a varsity team. My marks actually went up after joining the team. Go figure. It's the friendships I've gained and the team camaraderie that are probably the biggest things that have enhanced my university experience.
Thanks to
A big thanks to our coaches; Rory, Pete and Paula. You didn't give up on me and it finally started to pay off last year! Also, thanks to all my teammates moving on for all the unforgettable memories!
Additional comments
Super psyched to be back next year!

Other Graduates (too shy for interviews)

 George DiCenzo

Mike Makarov

 Denis Noronha














Mike Percival















Katie Anderson














Sarah Haliburton

No comments:

Post a Comment