Friday, July 17, 2015

Hamilton Twilight Meet #2 Recap, Results and Friends Abroad #1

Hamilton Twilight Meet #2


Mother Nature was on our side on Tuesday for the second and final meet of the 2015 Hamilton Twilight Series here at Mona Campbell Track at McMaster University. The downpour slowed and the sky cleared just in time for the first event of the evening, the 80m Dash to name Hamilton's Fastest Kid.

Congratulations to Hailey Reid and Jake Davies, Hamilton's Fastest Kids of 2015!

The rest of the night saw great performances and PBs for our own Harbour crew and many others. The 800m seemed to be the highlights of the night, with times fast enough for 2nd place in the All-Time Hamilton Twilight Series records for both men and women. On the men's side, Sacha Smart led a tight group of four men all under 1:50, winning in 1:49.20. On the women's side, Rachel Jewett gapped the field by over a second, winning in 2:06.32. 
Congrats to all who competed on Tuesday night, supporters and volunteers as well!

Here are our team results:

Men's 100m

Brandon Huzevka capped of his track career as a Marauder
Photo Credit: A. Green
9. Tony Giannikouris       11.43 (Finals)
13. Jacob Gareau            11.61 (Heats)

Men's 400m

6. Brandon Huzevka       51.41
10. Luke Yaeger             52.19

Men's 800m
4. Jeff Tweedle           1:49.58   PB!!

Women's 800m

13. Kylie Hopkins       2:17.50    PB!!
16. Maxine Gravina     2:21.76   PB!!


Men's 1500m

4. Nathan Deghan        3:59.62
14. Patrick Deane        4:08.87
20. Sam Foran            4:15.94

Women's 1500m

4. Maddie Benjamin       4:39.48  PB!!
6. Gabrielle Foran          4:46.84  PB!!


Runner's Den Sunset Series #1


The same evening just a few blocks away, many current and past Marauder athletes were racing at the first of the Runner's Den Sunset Series Road 5km race. Marauders and Past-Marauders totalled 8 of the top 11 Finishers. Steph MacNeill crushed the previous Women's 5k course record by over a minute!

Here are the current-Marauder/Harbour results, but check here for Full Results

2. Ivan Meiszinger          15:52.52
4. Alex Green                16:17.01
8. Peter Wilson              17:26.82
11. Steph MacNeill         18:08.35
16. Brittany Hambleton  19:14.99

Stay tuned for more results from the Sunset Series as they will run every 2 weeks till the end of August.

Friends Racing Abroad #1


Two year ago we were excited to welcome Charlotte Ward, an exchange student from England, to our Marauder Family. While she competed during the 2013 Cross Country season and represented McMaster well, she has since returned to her home and her specialty - Orienteering!

For those who aren't familiar, this means Charlotte is racing at top speed while reading a map to guide her way to various checkpoints throughout the course.  Runners start a few minutes apart, so it's a challenge between the athlete, the course and the clock. Charlotte's strength is in urban orienteering, which combines varying urban terrain from roads, alleys and neighbourhoods to parklands. To read more about Orienteering and the 2015 World Orienteering Championships, visit this website: http://www.woc2015.org/what-is-the-world-orienteering-championships

This summer Charlotte was named to the Great Britain National Team and made her international debut at the Orienteering World Cup Sprint in Sweden in competition in June. There she finished 27th overall, as the 2nd British athlete.

Charlotte in her Team GB Gear
Photo Credit: B. Ward

Charlotte will also be competing at the 2015 World Orienteering Championships in Inverness, Scotland. She will race in the Sprint event, with the Qualifier on Friday July 31st and needs to finish within the top 15 to compete in the Finals on Sunday August 2nd. All her McMaster and Canadian friends from across the globe wish her good luck!!

Sporting Mac Gear after winning a local 10k race
Photo Credit: A. Ward

4 comments:

  1. Am really happy that i and my husband are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr Isibor, i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years without solution until i came across his email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follows his instruction for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 3 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this DR Isibor who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me .contact him now if you are also in need of help via email drisiborspellhome@gmail.com or call or text him on WhatsAPP +2348107855231

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am here to appreciate Dr Emmanuel for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Emmanuel curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Emmanuel on his email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or whatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965 God bless him for me.he also cured HIV/AID,genital ,wart,COPD,cancel and all kind of disease and virus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am here to appreciate Dr Emmanuel for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Emmanuel curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Emmanuel on his email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or whatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965 God bless him for me.he also cured HIV/AID,genital ,wart,COPD,cancel and all kind of disease and virus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello viewers all over the globe am very happy today to share my testimony
    on how i was cure from HERPES disease, i have been suffering from herpes
    for the pass 9 months which makes me had constant pain all over my body, i
    have went to several hospitals taking treatment from doctors, but still
    know improvement till i meet a old friend of mine who direct me to a great
    traditional herbalist called Dr AKIOYA which i contacted by email so
    luckily he reply back i explain my problem to him and he told me not to
    worry that his going to prepare the herbal medicine and send to me which
    will cure me forever, i believed in him, after all the procedures given to
    me by Dr AKIOYA few weeks later i went to see my doctor to confirm if i was
    finally cure, the result was positive am totally cured by this great
    herbalist my life is more important now am free and happy if you have such
    sickness or any kind of disease like HIV And AIDS, Diabetes, Epilepsy,
    Blood Cancer, HPV, ALS, Hepatitis A/B, pregnancy issues etc contact Dr
    AKIOYA details: akioya17spellhome@gmail.com or call +2348105257464 i will
    forever be grateful

    ReplyDelete