Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Marauders in the News and Friends Abroad #2

IJA Joggling Festival 2015


Gabrielle Foran will be representing McMaster at the 2015 International Juggler's Association Festival, July 20-26 in Quebec City. The week includes juggling workshops and clinics, and culminates with a Joggling track meet! Competitors race while juggling 3, 5 or 7 in events ranging from the 100m to the mile.

Gabrielle wil compete in the 100m, 400m, 800m and mile. She will be looking to defend her titles and hopefully set faster World Records in the 800m and mile, while also attempting to capture the 400m record as well. If she is successful, this will bump her World Record count to four!

The Hamilton Spectator is the most recent media outlet to feature Gabrielle and her talents, read their article here: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5741551-mac-student-defends-joggling-title-no-that-s-not-a-typo-/



Instagram


We are excited to share that we just recently made an Instagram account. It will feature photos from practice, races and McMaster Marauder life. Follow us on Instagram at MaraudersTrack 



Friends Abroad #2


Two of our (tri)athletes, Taylor and Austen Forbes just returned from 6 weeks in Europe, training and competing on the european triathlon circuit. They achieved some great results and enjoyed the experience of competing at this competitive international level. Here is a recap they wrote for us:


The Twins’ Perspective


"The opportunity to travel to Europe is something most people wouldn’t pass up. For the most part it’s to travel and explore a foreign country and its culture. For us, however, it was strictly business, or what we consider business in Elite sport. The idea stemmed from the cold hard fact that racing in Europe is one of the most competitive triathlon circuits internationally, and much more so than in Canada. Ultimately, the plan was to immerse ourselves into a competitive atmosphere similar to what the best in the world experience everyday of their lives. This includes consistent long days of hard training with nothing else to worry about, and racing in between. With almost 24 hours of travelling ahead of us it is ideal to adjust to the time change as soon as possible. Most of us had a sleep plan heading into the trip with the idea to sleep on the flight there and then to start slowly adjusting 90 minutes each day. Obviously being on the same time clock as the country you’re training in makes for a smooth transition. Once we finally landed in Bilbao and made it to our homes in Vitoria we hit the ground running as our first race was not 3 days later."
                  "The night we arrived at our hotel we were almost immediately told that we would be racing in what was described as “the hardest race course you will ever do” in 3 days time. To be brief, it was a mass start of 500 men with a wavy 1500m ocean swim followed by an intense 40km of cycling with 3 mountain climbs equalling up to a 1000m of elevation, and 10km of running to top it all off. Not your traditional Elite race making for a new competitive and challenging experience. Unfortunately Austen ended up with a flat 500m into the bike course while Taylor continued on to tackle what he referred to as “walls not mountains”. In the end Taylor finished 6th and went home with a bit of cash. Nevertheless, our next race was our main focus as it was our first European premium cup and first exposure to what the rest of the world was doing."

Mass Swim Start in the Onditz Oroituz Triatloia
                  "Holten, Netherlands was to be the most competitive race we had ever competed in. We both felt confident with consistent success in workouts and the races leading into the event. It is easier to mentally focus on the task at hand with very little distraction outside of training and racing. Of course nerves are natural, but this time around it would make sense that nervousness was at an all-time high. It was the first of many: The 1st experience of professional European racing, the 1st time some of the most competitive Canadian racers went head to head since last summer, and the 1st time Taylor and Austen would attempt a 3rd race in 14 days. With the race changed to a sprint distance (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) everyone knew that it was going to be a crazy fast, crazy rough, and crazy tactical race; you'd expect nothing less from a European race. The swim was feral, but the packs came together within the first 4km of the bike. It was the first time we have experienced a race where all 70+ people came together in what really felt like a bike race instead of a triathlon. The course was very technical and it was dangerous to be caught at the back. The accelerations alone had dropped some, and fatigued others with a couple of crashes throughout the race. Fortunately most of the field made it to transition #2 safe where the run would start. With upwards of 70 people running out the gates together it was obvious that the race was going to be tight. Austen made an early move in the first half of the race and established himself in a top 10 position while Taylor slowly grinded his way into top 15. All in all it was a great race and an even better experience. The locals were lovely, the crowds were huge, and the athletes were fast. It’s the type of race an elite triathlete would be satisfied with."

Post-Race in Holten


                  "After Holten we traveled back to base camp in Vitoria, Spain where we have been training hard preparing for our National Championships in Magog, Quebec on the 25th of July. The goal is to podium. That’s our update on our time in Spain! We are back in Canada July 20th and are very excited to see our friends and family again."

2015 Onditz Oroituz Triatloia Results

2015 Holten ETU Triathlon Premium European Cup Results

The Forbes were also featured in an article on triathlonmagazine.ca, written by Taylor Reid. Read it here:

http://triathlonmagazine.ca/news/dynamic-duo-u23-standouts-austen-and-taylor-forbes/

Pre-race Pat-a-cakes in Spain

5 comments:

  1. few week ago I felt some pains and I went to the hospital my doc told me I had hpv about 1 yr and I need to start the treatment early, he gave me some medicine to be taking and I told him no I’ll not, because I hated taking medicine when I won’t not see cure for the purpose. After I got home I started getting worried searching for strong advice and I found valid natural treatment online lot people says they got hpv cure from Dr onokun and I email Dr Onokun 3 days passed, I purchase his cure online some weeks after the process taking his treatment i got cured. I went for checkup twice after taking the natural treatment from the herbalist called Dr onokun and i tested negative. contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am really happy that i and my husband are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr Isibor, i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years without solution until i came across his email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follows his instruction for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 3 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this DR Isibor who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me .contact him now if you are also in need of help via email drisiborspellhome@gmail.com or call or text him on WhatsAPP +2348107855231

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings to everyone reading this testimony, I am Dan Morgan, i am here to
    testify of a great man who was able to cure me permanently from herpes
    Disease just with his herbal medicine,i have been herpes Positive for 5
    years before i came across Dr voodoo Email on the internet on how he has
    been using his herbal medicine to treat and cure patients from different
    virus, so i contacted him and i explain to him concerning my problem, i
    followed up with the instructions he gave me and he urge me to have faith
    in his words that he was going to restore my health back, after some couple
    of days Dr voodoo sent me some medicine which he gave me prescription on
    how to take for 2 weeks, to make the long story short, I have been
    confirmed Negative from my recent test in the hospital, just within 2 weeks
    Dr voodoo was able to make me healthy and see reasons to live again, though
    science says there is no cure, i believe God has sent this great man to
    save people, you can all contact him for his medicine, he has presently
    been treating diseases like,CANCER,BLOOD DISEASE,DIABETES,HIV,TYPHOID, and
    many others, you can contact this man on
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com.or add him on whatsApp +2348140120719, God
    Bless you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life has not been so easy for me, i almost gave up on getting cured of HSV2 because i have tried many treatment and still don't work for me, so i was going place to place just for me to search for herbs cure or any solution to my problem and i also have three kids to take care of, that same period my husband die in an accident on it way coming home so life was very tough for me, so when i was going through the herbs site to find a cure for my problem i saw a story about a lady testify about DR.Imoudu, so i said to my self let me give a try to see if my problem can be solved, because i have spend alot of money In the hospital and their was no cure for it, so i contacted DR.Imoudu that afternoon of it and he gave me instruction how i will go about it and he sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed me to do. After taking the medicine for two weeks i saw a changes on my body, then i called the Dr and told him about it and he said i should go for test. i can't believe when my result came out it was negative, i was very happy to share this great testimony to the world there is real cure for #herpes you can also contact DR.Imoudu Email: DR.IMOUDUHEALERTEMPLE@GMAIL. COM also WhatsApp him +2348109609753..
    He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
    Diabetes, Lupus, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, WART,ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILEPSY/HPV CURE/LOOSE WEIGHT AND BODY/EX-BACK/stroke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250, 000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Whats App +91-8929509036 Thank you.

    ReplyDelete